Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 14, 2012 - Card Making Class

Hello ladies,

This post is for our last class meeting for the Spring Session since next Monday is Memorial Day.  The Fall Session will start again in September.  I will post my schedule as soon as I have it.  Below are the 3 cards we made in class.

The first card is a flip open card measured 4-1/4" x 11", scored (folded) at 2-3/4" from both ends to meet in the center.  The top half of the green scallop frame is attached to the top side of yellow card base with foam tape while the bottom half of the inner white oval is attached to the bottom side of the yellow card base.  Adhere the floral swag sticker in the center of the oval and sponge edges with yellow chalk ink.  Adhere the yellow bow sticker onto the top of the green scallop frame as shown.  Add sticker sentiment on the inside and tie an olive green sheer ribbon on top to finish card.

 The Father's Day card below was made by first fold the origami Hawaiian shirt following the shirt pattern I gave out in class.  The folded shirt was adhered to the white die cut card and sponged with blue ink along the edges of the white die cut and the light blue card base.  Add the strip of blue pattern paper at the bottom of the card.  Stamp sentiment with blue ink on white card stock, punch out with EK Success label punch, sponge edges and adhere with foam tape to finish card.
This last card was made by first adhering 3 light blue panels onto a white panel.  Wrap the vellum strip around the assembled panel and tape onto light blue card.  Add sea shell stickers onto vellum as shown.  Add sentiment sticker at the bottom to finish card.
That's it for now.  I know Ellen, Carol and Barbara missed the last class. I have your class materials with me and will bring them to the next class unless I hear from you otherwise (Lesley has Ellen's materials).  Have a Great Summer!  Email me if you have any questions or if you miss me! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me and let me know what you think!

Spring 2024 - Gel Printing Workshop

Hello everyone, It was so nice to welcome all my new and returning students to my Spring one-day gel printing workshop. Below is a quick rec...