Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 7, 2011 Card Making Class Updated

Hello ladies,

We're back in class after a few weeks break.  Below are the four cards we made plus one 3-D item.  This first birthday cupcake card is made by adhering a large die cut scallop music paper in the center.  Add a stamped sentiment "eat cake" on a small scallop white card stock with sponge edge in green ink and a small green bow.  The cupcake was stamped in 2-part.  The frosting was stamped on pink paper and the bottom was stamped on striped paper.  The two image was then glued together.  Add some buttons with glue dots and that finished the card.
As I probably told everyone who took my class that I have a nephew name Patrick and was born on St. Patrick's Day, we always make at least one St. Paddy's card so I can send it to him for his birthday.  ;o)
So this card was simply put together with 3 die cut shamrock leaves on top of a white poka dots card and green mat.  The green strip below that looks like a ribbon was made by using green flocks on top of a double side tape.  A stamped sentiment add the final touch.
This next card was made by stamping the sailboat with Staz On permanent black ink on top of watercolor paper and colored with watercolor pencil and water pen.  The sentiment was punched out with an oval punch and two copper brads were added on each side.
Next, we did an Iris Folding card of a watering can with stamped grass in front adorned with shiny flowers, butterflies and some blings.
Last but not least is our 3-D item.  A fashionable pink and brown purse that can be used as a gift card holder or $$ or candy nuggets.  I got this idea online from Kim Burmeister and put my own little twist to it. 
Well, that's it for now.  Until next time!  Please leave me a comment or email me and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me and let me know what you think!

Spring 2024 - Gel Printing Workshop

Hello everyone, It was so nice to welcome all my new and returning students to my Spring one-day gel printing workshop. Below is a quick rec...