Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 1, 2010 Card Class

Hello everyone,

Well, Halloween is now over and the holidays are just around the corner.  Can you believe the heat wave we're having?  Sorry we missed you Carol!  Hope you're feeling better!

As promised, here are the cards we made on Monday.   Enjoy!

This 1st card is made with different lengths of olive green rig-rags, some red and gold blings, and a gold star on top.  I forgot to take a photo of the inside.  It has a small envelope as a gift card holder.  The envelope was stamped with gold stars all over the front and simply glue in the middle.  Some ladies had the top fold rather than on the side.  I thought that was a better idea actually.


The orchid card is simply made with the gold Starform sticker colored with Twinkling H2O watercolors.  A gold and green ribbon is tape on the front flaps.
Some of the ladies want a birthday card for men.  So here it is.  The sails were made with my Sizzlits wide oval die, a large oval punch cut in half for the boat, and one corner of the star punch for the flag.

This card looks simple outside with a scallop circle punch, but scroll down to see what's inside.
 The balloons are tape on both side of the acetate strips and tape into the middle folds together.  The birthday strip was trim with scallop scissors and tape to the front flap.  I made a mistake and tape it to the back flap.  So, the ladies get to see my mistake.  Oops!

Here's a blue version of the flowers card that we made in the previous cards.  It's pretty no matter what color you use!
I have to admit that I get most of my inspirations and ideas from the magazine and internet.  Valita's fresh fold is one of the websites I love.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me and let me know what you think!

Spring 2024 - Gel Printing Workshop

Hello everyone, It was so nice to welcome all my new and returning students to my Spring one-day gel printing workshop. Below is a quick rec...